Sunday, 21 December 2014

Frozen Snowman Mug Rug

The theme of our latest guild swap was a Frozen holiday, using blues instead of the usual green and red. I made a hexagon and felt mug rug, based on this one from Simply Put Plus found on Pinterest. The advertised pattern was nowhere to be found, but it wasn't hard to improvise.


I'm happy with how the snowmen faces turned out, and will have to remember that hexagons make such cute snowmen for future winter projects. Instead of using batting for this one, I sewed the hexagon flower directly onto the light coloured felt, and used a darker felt for backing.

I got to bring this little beauty, made by Brass and Baubles, home with me, which is exciting! Love the raised hexagons on this. It's hard to see from the photo, but the white background fabric has some silver highlights, and the whole thing is quilted in a minty coloured thread.


No comments:

Post a Comment