Sunday, 28 December 2014

Eight Doctor Embroidery + Pattern

I'm very proud to announce that I got actual work done on a Doctor Who related project this weekend! That's right, I started quilting my TARDIS blue improvised block, which has been waiting patiently for attention all year. I hope to finish it this week, as well as another half dozen of the blocks for the colour block quilt. I'm excited to see this one finally coming together.

To celebrate, how about a Doctor Who pattern? Meet Doctor number eight.


This is one of my favourites out of all the blocks I drew for this project. It's easily recognizable, even though this Doctor only appeared in one movie. The costume came off particularly well, considering the tie/collar/lapel overload going on. Ditto the hair. I think my sketch was originally based on this picture.

The pattern for this block can be found HERE.

This project is part of a series of embroidered blocks I made while participating in the Doctor Who Stitch Along at Fandom in Stitches. Check them out for a whole collection of Doctor Who designs! I'll be posting my version of their ninth Doctor block shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment