Sunday, 5 May 2013

Felt Birdie Pattern

        

The return of the birds is a sure sign of spring. Our local birds may have been a little confused upon their return this year, getting caught in a snow storm, followed by a wind storm, then more snow. But it's been really nice to hear chirping again on the way to work in the morning. To celebrate, I am sharing my spring birdie pattern. I added a string to mine to make an ornament.


Click HERE to download the free pattern.

This pattern is provided as an image file that can be resized to fit your needs. If you would prefer a PDF, it is available through Craftsy HERE.

I find that a lot of the cuteness of this type of pattern comes from minimalism in the design, but there's also something to be said for realistic looking felt birds. For that, I'd like to direct your attention to the amazing archive of felt bird patterns at Downeast Thunder Farm! Susan has made everything from hens to woodpeckers to ducks, and all of them are beautifully constructed and detailed. Best of all, the patterns are free and good quality. I think I will make some of them into ornaments to give as Christmas presents next year.

Other free bird projects that caught my attention this week:
     - a super easy paisley-looking embroidered bird ornament from A Feathered Nest,
     - Needle Nest Design's pattern to make a bird mobile, and
     - a sewn egg chick tutorial by Petite Purls, which makes cute simple egg-shaped stuffed birdies.

2 comments:

  1. So cool! As always, thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE your little felt patterns?! :-)

    ReplyDelete