Monday, 23 July 2012

What's on My Design Wall? Stop Signs!

Over the past months, I've been working on a series of urban quilt block patterns that represent life in the city. With the fire hydrant block in its final phases of testing, I've turned my attention to the second design of the collection.

Here is a sneak peek at what's coming up next:


I've experimented with different ways of piecing a fabric octagon, and I've settle on one that creates perfect corners every time. This block takes a little while to put together due to the lettering, but all of the steps are simple and there is no paper piecing required. I look forward to sharing more about this design in the coming weeks.

I am linking up with Quilting by the River, Fabric Tuesday and WIP Wednesday.

8 comments:

  1. Love it! great design and I have to say that I love the polka dot white version best!! Nice job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popping over from Quilt Story. What a neat block! I love the colors you've chosen as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great block - I really like this!
    Thank you so much for helping me with my trial linky party - it's working! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful! Love the polka dot one : )

    ReplyDelete