Saturday, 25 February 2012

Another Year, Another Number

A few weeks ago, I turned 30, and it was my first birthday away from home. I don't know enough people here yet to have a party, but I thought I would give you all a rundown of the festivities so that you can share it with me!


My parents had a vase of pretty flowers delivered to the house in the morning. Here they are with a pitcher of sangria (raspberries and blood oranges, mmm) and some of those sour cherry candies that I would normally never ever buy because they're full of disgusting things. Sam made me lamb rogan josh stew for dinner and baked a batch of naan from scratch. It was a lovely and delicious day.

For our dinner out on that weekend, I picked DaDeO New Orleans Diner and Bar. It has a 60s diner look (our table even had a jukebox) and serves a big selection of jambalayas. I actually remember it, which is a big step up from the birthdays in my 20s.

To celebrate the big day, I gave myself permission to splurge on a few things, in addition to those toxic sour cherry candies above. First off, a shiny new ironing board pad & cover for my sewing room from Compelled to Craft on Etsy. 

BEFORE: dirty, blue, depressing

AFTER: happy yellow birdies

And lastly, some fabrics from Earthly Goods that I'd had my eye on for a while. It won't be long until I can show you what I'm making with those little rainbow packs. Can't wait!


All in all, it was a good time. Still waiting for that wisdom that supposedly comes with age to kick in. Maybe on the next big birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday, MC! Sangria and jambalaya sounds like a kick-ass birthday to me.

    ReplyDelete